- 2 liters milk (8 cups)
- 1.54 lb sugar
- 1 1/2-2 kg jaboticabas (need 3 cups juice)
- To obtain juice, crush the fruit in a saucepan and add enough water to just cover the fruit.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Simmer until tender.
- Leave overnight.
- Wash fruit the following day and bring to a boil again.
- Place in a straining bag and drain overnight.
- Add sugar to juice and stir until dissolved.
- Stir juice into milk slowly and freeze.
original recipe on Food.com